Well, if you are a few days away from attending a wedding, then you have stumbled upon the right article! Because there are few tips you need to keep in mind if you want to look the most beautiful version of yourself. Cause remember, attending a wedding is different from attending a disco party.
So here are few tricks which will help you dazzle at the wedding –
1. It’s not always your outfit which may do the talking, sometimes it’s something as effortless as a stunning mathapatti/ring or an attractive piece of jewellery which can catch an eye. Do not forget to accessorize!
2. Don’t miss out on the traditional wear, as this is one of those very few occasions during the year when you will actually get an opportunity to flaunt your Indian/ethnic wear which otherwise will rust in your wardrobe. If you feel it’s old-fashioned, go for something indo-western; add some funk to your outfit but stick to the theme!
a) Gowns are super versatile and trendy when it comes to attending engagement/cocktail parties during the wedding season. It simply looks graceful and surely compliments all types of body shapes.
b) The Regal Gharara look is back in fashion and looks quite chic and graceful. You can try the contemporary twists on the traditional Gharara to pump up the look.
c) One ethnic piece which will never go out of fashion is your long flowy Anarkali gowns which are here to stay for long. When in doubt, just go with this look.
3. Don’t go overboard with your makeup cause you surely want to dazzle in the party instead of haunting people with your cakey and unnatural look! Choose products (foundation) which gives you full coverage and matte lipsticks which will last longer. Either your smokey eyes or bright bold lips can make a statement. I will quickly brush you through important things you got to keep in mind before you start off –
a) Very important to first moisturize your skin, use a primer before dabbing that makeup on your face.
b) Please invest in a good brow pencil because a well-groomed eyebrow can do wonders to your look. You can also go for tinted brow gel but make eyebrows your priority.
c) Go for Lip and Cheek Stain if you are running short of time or those colour sticks which can help you glorify your multiple features and work as an eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick. It’s quite easy to carry that one product in your sling bag rather than carrying the whole makeup pouch to the wedding!
d) Do you know the most transformative product in your makeup pouch? It’s your mascara! It really defines your look and a must-have product before you leave to attend the wedding.
e) Do not forget to apply concealer under your eyes as it brushes off the dullness/dark circles and also apply it to the areas where you have blemishes to make your skin look flawless.
f) And though we take hours to get ready, most of the ladies often forget about the lip balm which is important for your lips because it’s not a good sight to have chapped red lips!
g) In the end, do use as a translucent powder (Compact) to finish your look and most importantly it sets the makeup on the skin and helps it last longer.
4. The right kind of footwear will finish your outfit and complete your look so don’t leave it till the last. Pick something which suits you and this can be influenced by your dress, height or most importantly comfort. There’s no point wearing those stunning 6 inches heels which will make you scream in pain while dancing and you will have to get rid of it in the middle of the party in order to enjoy. The higher the size of your heels, more the pressure is put on the balls of the foot. Ensure to wear a slightly lower heel height or chunkier heels which will take the pressure off your foot.
5. Hair is equally important! Now if you have short locks, there are really glam looks which can definitely up your game. For long hair, simply leave your hair open with loose curls and probably those sprinkled flowers (hair accessories which are easily available in the market) to make your hair look appealing. If you’re heading to a reception party wearing your ball gown, then a dramatic hair updo can really look stylish and classy. Also if you have curly/wavy or very thin texture of hair, it’s easily prone to dullness, so remember to use a shining serum which will add gloss to your hair. Also, use a spray at the end to set your hair for the night!
Keep all these tips in mind and up your wedding game this season.